Rothera Hooded Down JacketBlack
- RDS-certified 850 fill goose down jacket
- Resilient, Japanese-made 100% recycled nylon ripstop fabric
- Adaptable Layering system compatible (zips into ALS parkas)
- Sculpted hood construction to snugly protect the head
- Performance fit with distinctive baffle design
- Articulated arms for range of movement
- Packable outerwear that also performs as a versatile mid layer
The Rothera is a year-round mid-weight hooded stalwart that’s a cut above the average down jacket. It combines expedition-grade performance with a structured fit, a full feature set and a distinctive look. Windproof with exceptional thermal insulation, the Rothera is proven to maintain body warmth in temperatures as low as -15 degrees with windchill thanks to the 100% recycled Japanese ripstop shell fabric and insulation via 850-fill 90/10 RDS-certified European goose down.
It is no coincidence the Rothera gets its name from the British Antarctic Survey's research station on Adelaide Island, it is built with some of the world’s most extreme environments in mind. As part of Shackleton's new Adaptive Layering system, the Rothera can be zipped into the upcoming Haakon and Vostok parkas to add a a wide range of flexibility and comfort to your winter wardrobe.
Utility plays an important role in the Rothera’s design with four big external zipped pockets that are perfect for carrying everything you need on the move plus a large internal cargo pocket which packs in on itself for ease of carrying the jacket when not in use.
All of this is combined with articulated sleeves, a sculpted adjustable hood, adjustable hem cord, thumb-holed cuffs and distinctive baffles for a purposeful look to match its serious expedition credentials.