Following the launch of the Frank Hurley Photographer’s Jacket, a world-first collaboration between Shackleton and Leica Camera AG, we are hosting a photography competition to celebrate the cultures, wildlife and beauty of the planet at its coldest.
The motivation behind the Frank Hurley Photographer's Jacket is to encourage photographers to continue taking photos through the coldest months; to persevere for that next image when the conditions are doing their best to force you home.
One of the many great aspects to outdoor photography is the unpredictability. Mother Nature doesn’t hang around for you. You have to dig deep, no matter the weather, and be ready if and when it all comes together. It’s often in these tough moments, when your body and mind are tired, that the most amazing events happen. We want to see these moments.
Look to the first ever collection of limited edition platinum palladium prints of Shackleton's ‘Endurance’ expedition for inspiration.
HOW TO ENTER
- Competition NOW CLOSED
- Frozen landscapes
- Adventures in snow and ice
- People living at the extremes
- Winter wildlife
- The overall winner will receive a Shackleton Frank Hurley Photographer’s Jacket and a Leica D-Lux 7 Compact Camera. (Prize value approx. £3000)
- Category winners will receive a Shackleton Fortuna Gilet. (Prize value £395)
- The winning image and category winners will be printed and displayed in the Shackleton Duke Street store in Mayfair, London for two weeks in February
- Martin Hartley, Award-Winning Expedition Photographer with more than 20 polar expeditions to his name. (Read the interview here)
- Karin Rehn-Kaufmann, Art Director Leica
- Guy Berryman, Coldplay Member, Photographer & Creative Director
- Martin Brooks, CEO Shackleton
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Entrants must be 18 years old or older.
- Entrants are limited to three submissions.
- All entries must be original work from the person entering it.
- Entries with watermarks or obvious tampering to alter the scene will not be accepted.
- Entrants retain all rights to material submitted but consent to any entered images being published on Shackleton and Leica channels.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Competition governed by the laws of England & Wales.